In response to the lack of rain or even drought caused by extreme climate changes, in 2022, the university keep actively seeking and receiving grant for the projects, “Building of smart water resource management and innovative water-saving technology” and “Establishment of Rainwater Harvesting Plan” from the Water Resources Agency, MOEA Taiwan. The university has established a water resource management system to manage and control water through analysis of water usage, improvement of water-saving facility, and elimination of the risk of water leakage to achieve the purpose of using water wisely and cherishing water resources..
Building of smart water resource management and innovative water-saving technology (5 innovative programs):
1. The old mechanical flow meters are replaced to a digital water meters, and the time parameters are incorporated into the flow observation.
2. 3 water level gauges (submerged) are installed in the reservoir, the measurement data are incorporate to the water resource management system to know the water storage situation in time.
3. Establishment of Water Pressure Gauge.
4. Establish a pipeline network, collect the water volume of 88 fields such as various buildings, connect the water volume data to the water management system and establish a complete water balance system.
5. Establish a campus smart water network monitoring system that can support a variety of vehicles including web pages, tablets, and mobile APPs Detect regional water leakage, water usage statistics and water usage patterns.
Targets of the system
1. Basic data management available for all types of sensing devices installed (such as: water meter, water level gauge, etc.)
2. Establish a water balance diagram based on the control points, and conduct analysis of the water balance system.
3. Quality management for the measurement data of the sensing equipment.
4. Display, query and draw the measurement data of the sensing equipment (eg: measurement diagrams of conducting timings/meters, etc.).
5. Carry out statistical calculation and analysis of water consumption patterns.
6. Through various types of sensing equipments to detect water leakage, abnormal water consumption, and be able to give warning notifications.
7. Provide data access/Intermediary service which can be used for value-added application of measurement data.
Establishment of Rainwater Harvesting Plan
1. Eco grass-embedded permeable pavement.
2. Establishing retention facilities using low-carbon construction methods.
The total water storage capacity is 148 metric tons.Water replenishment/cleaning for aquaculture.
farms and Greenhouse plant irrigation system.
3. Rainwater recycling for toilet flushing in the Library and Information Building.